Using propanolol medication

Has anyone’s doc prescribed the propanolol to reduce heart rate for preventing avm rupture. Out of 4 to 5 neurosergeon consulted 2 of them suggested me to take it.and rest don’t think it as necessity.I am confused.

I don’t have to use that. Just make sure you ask the doctors a lot about it.

Hi Sanjeev, I have been on Propanolol for about 4-5 weeks to help prevent migraines. For me personally, I dont see a differance in migraine occurance (still several times a week). I have reduced heart rate which i guess will help make sure my AVM doesnt rupture. I am not sure whether it is down to the propanolol but my energy levels are crazy low, and i get dizzy when standing up. I see this was posted last week, what did you end up deciding to do?

Hi Corrine .I haven’t taken yet as my bp is quite low.what dose of propanolol are u taking.can u tell me about other medication u are in.

Hi so sorry! I have only seen this now. I was on a daily dose of 180mg Propanolol. It was working at making me have less frequent migraines at first but then it stopped working and started getting migraines every night for the past couple weeks. I have now reduced dosage to 90mg a day for a week before stopping taking it whilst starting to take Amitriptyline 10mg daily for a week, then increase to 20mg a day. Been on the 10mg dose for 4 days now and have been migraine free for 2 days - a good sign i hope? How have you been getting on Sanjeev?

EDIT: had to slowly reduce my dose of antidepressants (setraline) until I could safely stop taking it so I could go onto Amitriptyline. I take 2 pink migraleve tablets and 2 ibuprofen tablets upon detection of a migraine coming on since I am not compatible with sumatriptan medication (gives me blurred vision).