Tomorrow is the day

Gamma knife here I come.

Well, the day is nearly here, its taken since January, which I think isn’t to bad… More important i am not to scared. Had a meet with the consultant last week and he put me at ease.

I will be discharged on saturday… i should feel some improvement in 2 or 3 months but is is going to take a few years overall. … I just say it is what it is…back to work next week. so no major up heavel.

Although I do have a cracking headache now. lol

Love to you all, and thanks for all your help and words of advice.

Matty

1 Like

Matty!

Very best wishes to you. Good luck!

It’s been good to share your journey with you a little while. I hope we’ve helped you to get used to the idea of treatment. Thank you for cheering me along the way, too.

Lots of love,

Richard

2 Likes

Best of luck!
just take it one step at a time and don’t rush things…your brain will need some rest

2 Likes

Great to hear Matty! I’m 9 months out from gamma, I found it a great day knowing that I was taking some steps in the right direction! Wishing you all the best! John

2 Likes

Thanks everyone. I will take some pics in my mad helmet.

Matty

2 Likes

Good luck Matty, hope everything goes well, you got this and its all going to be fine :slight_smile: . Take care and get loads of rest after which will help with the recovery.

2 Likes

Back home now… All done … in and out in 48 hours… The whole process was easy, fitting the cage was prob the worst but no biggie.

My only issue is the waiting now 2 or so years to see if it all worked ok, if not they will do it again i am told. going to have a few days off work just to come down a bit from my anxiousness… lol

Thanks for all your support.

2 Likes

I agree that one of the key things with radiotherapy is having a positive mindset that you’ve done the treatment and it IS going to work. I guess the way to look at it is every day your risk is heading downwards, where previously it was heading upwards.

Well done!

Keep in touch with how you’re doing from time to time.

Very best wishes for a full recovery!

Richard

1 Like

Yes that’s the best way to look at it i agree. every day my bad veins are getting smaller and smaller…

I am thinking positive. i have my familys love. (sometimes) lol …

Thanks DD

1 Like

Fantastic news, glad your ok, onwards and upwards, thinking about you. I’m having mine on Wednesday, your out come makes me feel better in my self, say strong, all my love to you and your family

Sarah xx

2 Likes

Great to hear Matty! Take Care, John

2 Likes

awww sarah… Glad i have helped in some small way… I will be thinking about you.

Matt

2 Likes

Thanks jd

1 Like

Hi Matty
it took me a year and a half to decide on the Gamma from the time the doctors told me that was one of my options. My only regret is that I did not do it earlier. It has been 2 and a half years since and the 2nd annual CT and MRI showed that the AVM is almost gone. The CT shows nothing and the MRI shows some activity through the computer. Good luck to you my friend. Do not worry at all.

1 Like

well done kosta, very good news.

Thanks

Matty

1 Like

I still have some memory loss years, so I forgot about MY helmet that I had until you brought it up here. COOL!

1 Like

That’s great news, I had my Gamma last Wednesday, iv still got pain but got to go back for more the end of October. All the best Kosta
Sarah

2 Likes

Glad everything went well and please keep us posted on your journey… God bless!

2 Likes

Thank you Adrian, it’s been a struggle today, But I’m hanging on.
Take care.

Sarah

2 Likes