Recuperation From Craniotomy

Thanks man.. yeah thankfully I'm not allergic to cats.. my parents have a couple.. haven't sneezed yet.. I guess their house is pretty well ventilated! Nice to hear that things are back on track for you.

I haven't been keeping a journal.. but I just started a dream journal.. as the painkillers I've been taking have been giving me some pretty weird ones. But good idea, I think I'll start keeping track of my improvements. Thanks for the well wishes!

Thanks Sheila. Good call on the pineapples and fish oil. I'll add those to my shopping list. And thankfully my dad has a lot of audiobooks, so I've been able to give my eyes a break. Listening to Keith Richards autobiography at the moment.. some wild stories!

thanks a lot Suzy. I've been looking into getting a pair of 'prism glasses' that supposedly help expand fields of view.. have another neurorehab appointment coming up soon.. the last appt went pretty well and they said that because my vision loss is mostly in the lower-left periphery that I'd probably be able to drive again.. crossing my fingers (and not my eyes ha)

My dad's mantra/advice to me was "always say yes to pain medication". Haha. I was stupidly stubborn about asking for pain medicine and it's so much harder to get on top of your pain once you're behind rather than wisely managing it. Good for you for taking your meds. They are there for a reason and I learned my lesson about keeping on top of them. I know what you mean about the side effects, though. They mess with everything from your digestive tract and to your vision (!) to your sleep/dreams.

So glad your parents are able to stuff you with good food and your appetite is improving. It's also exciting to hear you're noticing visual improvements already. I am really encouraged by that as that's the part of my craniotomy that fills me with the most trepidation. Hope you keep us informed on your good days and the things you struggle with - it's all so valuable. The link to the occipital group is right here. Be well!

Hi there…I hope.you are doing better. Can I ask how big and where your AVM was? We are making the decision for surgery or gamma knife for our 16 yo son. I am worried about surgery recovery. Thanks