Radiation treatment update

I had my 2nd annual check up with the radiologist. The AVM has disappear completely from the CT scan. The MRI which is much more sensitive shows some minimal activity through the computer in that area. My doctor was looking at it and she could not even see it. All the veins that were enlarged due to the extra blood flow are back to normal when you compare before treatment and now. The Doctor is very happy. She says that as far as she is concern the AVM is gone. I will check back with her next year.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Kosta,

That is fantastic!

Thank you for sharing your update with us today. It really helps to get great news from time to time. :grinning:

Very best wishes,

Richard

Congratulations Kosta !, fantastic news :slight_smile:

Martin

That is great Kosta! Just read your post to my family, all the best to you from us!

Hi Kosta,

Glad to hear about your results. Just wondering what type of radiation treatment did you undergo? I am about to undergo gammaknife next month feeling quite apprehensive.

Sarah

to be honest I forgot the name, It was not gamma but very similar. My doctor told me that the difference was not much like pepsi and coke. That’s how she put it. Why not gamma I did not ask. I was concern as well but once I decided to have it done I relaxed and told myself that I did what I could now let the professionals do their job. God luck to you and do not worry to much.

thank you so much