Pregnancy after uterine AVM

Hello everyone! Just wondered if anyone had a successful pregnancy after AVM?
I had my 2nd blighted ovum miscarriage through IVF in April 2017. I had 3 unsuccessful rounds of Misoprostol (abortion pills) and end up with an D&C on May 17. After the D&C, I have ongoing bleeding/spotting and my doctor then diagnosised that i had Uterine arteriovenous malformation. I had an uterine artery embolization procedure done early this week by a radiologist.

It’s only 4 days post surgery and i’m still bleeding/spotting. Is this normal?

I am so scared that i can not get pregnant again as i don’t have any children. I am 35 and I really want to start a family. My doctor ask me to TTC again in 3 months time just to get everything heal. My doctor said there won’t be any problem getting pregnant in the future. All we need to do is to monitor closely if i do get pregnant.

I would like to hear from someone who had a successful pregnancy after AVM.

Hi, T!

There are quite a few ladies asking this sort of question and I gathered all of the pelvic & uterine questions into a group back in February. Hopefully, you’ll find some stories in there that will help.

http://www.avmsurvivors.org/c/types-of-avms/uterine-avm

This is a relatively rare condition, so do check that any conversation in that thread is pretty current (i.e. late 2016, early 2017) but reply back to people in such conversations, or invite them into your conversation by including their “@” name, e.g. @DickD in what you write – they’ll get a message.

Hope this helps,

Richard

Thank you so much!