New Members Thanks '

Hi, my names is Les and on 31 December 31st 2016 I suffered an AVM Brain Bleed. I remember the morning of 31 December so well. I woke up to my head screaming sounded like a loud chainsaw. I was seeing double vision and had no coorination in my movements. So somehow I managed to unlock the front door and place call from my cell phone a call for help. That is the last I remember until the morning of 14 January 2017 and was told I was going to be moved to the rehababilty ward. I now suffer from blurry and double vision, constant sounds low to very loud in my ears, loss of coordination and depth perception. However I am now at home with my children (4 cats). I lost my wife of 25 Years to cancer, that was a blow to myself, but said said take care of our babies (the cats) which I do. On 30 May, I went under the gamma knife and barely remember it at all. The kept me over night for observation and then let me go home the next day. This whole thing as been incredible journeyn

Hello Les! Thank you for posting… where is/was your avm located exactly?

My AVM was located lower right, center veey deep within the brain and yet very tiny that the couldn’t exactly define exact location. So I guess that’s why they wanted to do the Gamma Knife so quickly. When I go back for my next visit we will be going over all this.

Les,

It sounds like you’ve had quite a journey. It’s great to have you with us. You have symptoms similar to many of us. Welcome to the AVM family!

Very best wishes,

Richard

Thanks. Take care.
Les