My Story

Hi I would like to share my story with you.
On August 13,2015 at night I lost consciousness. I was rushed to the hospital. While I slipped into a coma, doctors determined that I ruptured an AVM which also caused me to have a hemorrhagic stroke. I was in a coma in the ICU for 2-3 weeks. Doctors told my mother that I was only giving a 14% chance of surviving and told the only way to live was either the child growing inside or me. When I woke up, for several days, I didn’t eat, I couldn’t walk or talk, it was like I lost my memory. I was 6 months pregnant at the time.I was given a second chance in life. Even my OB/GYN told me “I didn’t think you were going to be alive”. 45 days I spent in the hospital while I learned how to recover and I met nurses &people who were incredibly caring. I see life different & I face challenges everyday . Today marks almost two years of my accident and here I am along with my son. My Christopher Aiden is truly a blessing. I’m proud to say I am an AVM survivor🎀

4 Likes

Welcome Brenda, its great you are here. Your story is incredible, and as a parent myself can say it brought a tear to my eye. My kids were 10 and 12 when my AVM decided to show itself by bleeding. I can only imagine the challenges as you were recovering from the bleed with a child on the way. You’ll find great folks on the site here, it really is fantastic to read you story. Take Care, John.

1 Like

Brenda,

That is a fantastic story, thank you for telling us – and I’m slightly amazed that you’ve told us today, as Amrit has had to tell us that he lost his sister in law last night. In all things there is a balance. That you got through and your son was born is just the greatest story today.

Thank you for sharing. It really helps to encourage that there are incredible stories to be told, as well as the most difficult ones.

Very best wishes

Richard

1 Like

Hi Brenda

That’s an amazing story and very touching, I had to read it again when I got to the bit where you were pregnant during all this. Your a lucky mum and that’s a special baby. x

Matty

1 Like

Brenda very touching, I’m crying, so glad you are here with us, you are a very strong person, what a handsome son, bless you and your family, you have so much to look forward to in life, very inspiring, please keep us posted

1 Like

Hi Brenda. I’m so glad that things turned out well for you. Your son is truly a blessing.

Lulu x

1 Like