Multiple Gamma Knife Surgeries

I am just wondering how often people have had the Gamma Knife surgery? I am reading on here about people going for this surgery more than once and didn’t know how common that was. I had my first Gamma Knife surgery in 2007 for the AVM that bled, and then after they determined that one was gone, they found two smaller areas they missed about four years later, which meant a second Gamma Knife in 2012. Anyone else had the procedure more than once? They also considered embolization before the second Gamma Knife, but the angiogram showed it wouldn’t work because the vein was not straight.

Hiya Hermione,
The only reason I had two lots of gamma knife was because mine was on the large side 3.3cm in my temporal lobe. To big to do in one session. I had it 6mths apart and each time I was in the machine for 3hrs 5 minutes. I’m still in the process of the waiting game, so I don’t know if it will successfully obliterate it yet!!!

Hi I had two Gamma knife surgries because mine was too large to be treated in one go.going for MRI ever six months until 3 years.just past 2 years.Take care