Hi. Interested to hear from anyone with Avm in right parietal lobe in eloquent area of brain

Hi Gill,

I am also from london, and I have a unruptured 4cm AVM in my occipital lobe (also eloquent). I am about to have the first of several embolisations to treat my AVM at the NHNN at Queen Square on the 26th this month (next week).

For me, my AVM due to its size and high blood flow, I have lost the lower right quarter of my visual field in both eyes. Because of this, my consultant recommended that if I leave my AVM I risk losing more sight, If I have a bleed/stroke I risk total right visual field loss. I was not offered craniotomy because for me I have been advised by two neurosurgeons I would lose my right visual field and highly risk a bleed/stroke and potential right side weakness.

I think the choice for treatment was made easier for me because it felt like less of an option and more of a necessity due to my symptoms affecting my daily life.

I will keep everyone updated on how I get on with my embolisations :raised_hands:

I am sorry I didn’t notice this post sooner since this is very late notice but if you are free tomorrow -
http://www.avmsurvivors.org/t/birmingham-avmer-meet-up/19132?u=corrine

Will definently organise another London meetup soon too :slight_smile:

Best wishes

Corrine