Found a surgeon! Yay! :D

Well a little update on my AVM situation. I finally have a surgeon woohoo!!! :slight_smile: My case was sent to Dr. Yakes and he accepted it, I’m not sure if accepted is the right way to word it but basically he didn’t refuse to do surgery/say he couldn’t do the surgery/or refer me to another surgeon :slight_smile: which any of those scenarios would have been fine and I would’ve delt with them, but it just feels so good to have that checked off my list :smiley:

No appointments have been made, there’s still paperwork my insurance has to file but I’m supposed to hear from the hospital soon!

Anyway I just wanted to let you all know and thank everyone on this website (not just people that commented on my posts), it has helped a lot reading your posts. :slight_smile:

Koala,

Fab! Do carry on telling us how you’re getting on. I found it very helpful when I was at the same stage to effectively blog what steps I was going through and people will cheer you along the way. It’s a small thing but the main thing we can do for each other here is to support and encourage.

Small but important steps. Well done!

Richard

Great news Koala, happy to hear. All the best to you! John

Congrats! I hope it all works out for you, Dr. Yakes is very well known in the field. If you want someone closer to home, I’ve had good success with Dr. Robert Vogelzang at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. Keep us updated!

Thanks! :smiley:

Sorry for the late reply haha my life has become nothing but Dr.'s appointments :smiley: Thanks Richard :slight_smile:
I plan on it :slight_smile:

Thanks Rachel :slight_smile: I’ll keep him in mind in case it doesn’t work with Dr. Yakes/need a second opinion

Thats good news. Let us know how you get on.