For anyone that thinks they are losing hope, Please read my story

Hello to anyone reading this, my name is Cody Thompson and im 22 years old. I was diagnosed with my AVM about 3 years ago while i was in my second year of college and i figured i was finished with my normal life. At that time i lost use of my entire right half of my body, so i moved back home to recover. Over months everything started to slowly come back and improve. I had a Gamma knife treatment done in Toronto and it was scary but you must stay strong and brave at times like these, not only for yourself but for the family thats there for you. It wasnt easy but after the Gamma knife, MRI,CT scans and multiple angiograms im still here and today my doctors told me im cured and the Gamma knife treatment worked. So please if you are feeling down or feel yourself slipping into depression just think, we live in the best country for brain surgery in my opinion and we have amazing teams of doctors here. Never give up. Thanks for reading this and i hope it helps with whatever situation you happen to be in, you are not alone on this.

Sincerely Cody Thompson

6 Likes

Keep staying strong Cody and thank you for sharing :slight_smile:

Cody

You’ve got a great view on life that I hope will carry you on to great things for many years! Thanks for sharing.

Are you fully functional post operation, or do you still have some deficits?

I’m in the UK and very much in a waiting line for a catheter embolisation procedure… I’ve got to wait till about April! It’s a long way to go, I’m quite healthy at the moment though this evening felling less than 100%

We’ll done and keep a great mindset. You can achieve almost anything! Best regards,

Richard

Thanks Cody. I live outside Winnipeg and had Gamma knife just about 4 weeks ago. I had a bleed in May, when I discovered I had an AVM and what one was. I was 48 at the time. I hope to be in a similar situation as you in about two years! It is great to read stories like yours, and wish you much success. Posts like yours certainly keep me positive and I imagine have a great impact on many people. Thanks again.

2 Likes

Thank you i try to stay positive. Everything is almost back to normal other than my hand in my index finger and thumb, im just going to keep working on it.

Cody

That’s just the way to be! Well done! It’s easier to be positive when it’s all fixed but to keep a positive mind when there’s still a distance to travel is first class!

Very best wishes, Richard

Cody:

Congratulations! I got the same good news in September. Yes, AVM’s takes us down a long and dark road in an effort to try to tear us down. But, we are stronger than any ol’ AVM. Stay strong. Stay blessed, and give the Glory to God.

Sharon D.