Feeling blue

Carrie,

Well done you! You’ve got a fighting spirit!

Keep your chin up. You’ve got a heck of a deal but I hope with strength borrowed from those around you, including us on this web site, you’ll get to better times.

I’m really glad you’ve worked out how to see messages on the site and you’ll get more from this community going forwards. It’s great to have you on here.

Best wishes,

Richard

1 Like

Carrie, I agree this site is a little difficult to navigate via a phone :frowning: , But you do get used to it. I try access it via my laptop when ever I can :slight_smile: . Keep fighting and know your not alone in this :slight_smile: .

Martin.

1 Like

I would love to see the news article. Wow. Do you have any paralysis?

I have not had paralysis. After the surgery I had to learn to walk and what items where called. My kids went through the house and marked everything. I had to learn my kids names, items in the house, and a lot more. I still struggle with what things are called but my family helps remind me. Life will never be the same but it’s good to be alive. Here is the newspaper.

Carrie,
I read your first sentence and I understand what you mean, I remember thinking this after my first seizures in 2014 and again when I was in HDU after the craniotomy I had. I took a lot of comfort from the phrase “you can never stand in the same river twice” I think this is Aristotle but do correct me if I’m wrong it helped me a lot with recovery or just processing the day to day. If I experienced symptoms I did not understand or scared me I would try to break them down and ask myself what it was similar to that I had experienced before, I would also lie in bed and do all of the tests the Nurses did in HDU and on the ward before I let myself be concerned- this was flexing my feet and touching and pressing each finger to my thumb. I always found this reassuring. It was a bit like a roll call. Its a journey of the mind as much as a journey of the body. I recommended this book the other day Alex- it’s The Pilgrimage by Paulo Coehlo- I’m pretty sure it’s available as an audio book but it’s a good read, I read it during my recovery to try and get back into reading again- it gave me a lot.