Chasing Doctors

Hailee,

Tell me a bit more about your intracranial pressure. How did it feel before / how does it feel now? You’ve had quite a lot of different suggestions. Which of them turned out to be true? I’m thinking either diminutive TVS or clot: I have a narrowing of my TVS I believe.

Thanks,

Richard

Hi!

It’s been pretty complicated. It’s difficult for me to really explain the pressure part. I’m only a few days out and I still have a pretty decent headache but the pulsatile tinnitus is gone. I’ve got a couple different things going on. I have an extremely hypoplastic right transverse sinus. I developed a clot in the left transverse sinus which forced blood to divert through the right transverse sinus which caused the pulsatile tinnitus and headaches in addition to the the clot. They also think there were some clots that may have developed in the right sinus. I got 7,000 units of heparin in ICU and a mega dose of plavix. I’ll keep going with smaller doses of plavix and aspirin for the next 6 months and then I’ll move to just aspirin.

Well, let me know how you get on. I think we’re a bit similar. Despite having an embolisation of my right occipital DAVF in April, my head still feels odd, so I’m looking for other things to mention to the doc, as well as trying to be patient.

Very best,

Richard