Beauty from ashes

My daughter was diagnosed 7 years ago. I know some of you are afraid. It’s a difficult condition, that affects the entire family. I have found comfort from understanding that, like any other thing in our life,we must see the beauty within the circumstance. Because of this condition I have learned to appreciate my daughter more. Not that I didn’t before. But I think that sometimes we take for granted the gifts God gives us. And, as a single parent, I have always struggled with the attention I am able to give my two daughters. This, in respect, has made me discover what my priority in life is…my daughters.

3 Likes

Juanita,

Welcome to the site! I agree completely. I’m sure we all arrive scared about a condition that most of us have never heard of before and which sounds quite dangerous or has already been a danger to us. However, we need to take positive thoughts from our experience, even where they are small.

I spent the winter walking to catch a bus rather than being able to jump into my car and drive to work. As a result of walking, I saw the winter turn into spring in a way I’ve not seen since I was a child. I’ve enjoyed that. I love that you appreciate your daughter more, having had this challenge. That is fantastic.

Since you’ve been most of the way through your AVM journey before joining the site, do tell us a bit more about that journey. It does help others to be able to find a situation that is similar to theirs. We also have a space for parents and carers, where you may definitely be able to help others. Being a parent of feels much more challenging than it being oneself, I think.

Thank you for sharing.

Richard

2 Likes

Your priority is correct, and your faith and belief is in the one thing that will see you all through - Him. Begin and end each day thanking Him for all that you have, including two beautiful daughters. We cannot fathom His ways, but know that He is always with you and working for your good. Being grateful in all circumstances leaves no time for contemplating negatives. God bless!

1 Like

Welcome to the site jrojas75. What a lovely attitude and how lucky your daughter is. I too have chosen to look on the positive side of things. In my family I am the AVM-er. I have know about my AVM for the past 27 years since it first caused an issue in my life. BUT it has never ruptured and I don’t suffer on a daily basis as some of our members do. This to me is a really positive thing. When first diagnosed I was very anxious and felt very alone. But today I feel lucky to have what I have and am not seeking treatment. In any case treatment for me is risky with a high chance of deficit. Therefore I am living life as well as I can and making the most of it. Best of luck to you and your daughter.

1 Like

Amen. 27 years!! Praise God for the blessings upon you. I am glad you have peace and live life accordingly. Thank you for your kind and supportive words

Isn’t that the truth! Thank you for being here. And yes, faith will get us through the storms. :smile:

1 Like

Thanks Richard. I will. God knows my struggles have been more than real. As the saying goes: “I’m not where I want to be, but thank God I’m not where I used to be”. I will share more soon.

1 Like

Wow! 27 years! Believe it or not, that is a real blessing to read right now

Yes I feel really lucky and definitely see this glass as being half full. Things could be a lot worse for me and I thank God every day that I have what I have. I try not to worry too much about the future. What is supposed to happen to me will. I aim to make the most of my life while I’m here.

:slight_smile:

jrojas75