AVM on upper lips

Hi , I have lump on upper lips with pulsing , After CT Scan DR oral surgeon and interventional Radiologist told this is arteriovenous malformation (AVM) and Embolization is best way but as its small size can be consider plastic surgery with precaution should not blooding as its mostly AVM .
Can I get help which is best surgeon or intervention radiologist to get my lips normal back

Hello Vinod,

I don’t know where you live and what options are available to you. Here in Grand Junction, CO, USA we have an Interventional Radiologist, Dr. Chris Hampson MD who is well qualified and experienced at treating facial AVM’s. He is treating my foot AVM right now. In my case, he is using a combination of embolization (injecting glue and a phosphate detergent) and sclerotherapy.

You are correct to carefully select the physician to treat your AVM. A well qualified and experienced physician should be able to treat your AVM effectively, and poorly qualified physician may due more harm than good.

Mine involves my lip too, Vinod. Please keep us updated.

Hi i met multiple intervensional radiologyst and plastic surgen. As i was trying to avoid embolisation as it involve little risk of strock 1 %
But plastic surgery will not give good result as may chanse of excess bleeding so can not go very well .
As i have done CT now doing MRI to get exact nidus detail to deside can do plastic surgery or embolisation