Asymptomatic AVM with aneurysm

My Name Luza Ang…
My single name is Luz Angela Garnica
I married in London where I lived for over 16 years
then moved to Asia with the family, lived in Malaysia for 10 years
Now I am spending some time in South American with my blood family. I have AVM on the left side of my brain, was discovered after a car crash in Asia. The doctors over there found out after scans and exams that it was better not to do anything, due to that my AVM is asymptomatic, only have a mild fit that I never notice, only who is next?to me sees it… Is like a black out for a very short time…No more than maybe 1- 1/2 min. I am an English as a Second Language teacher. Have never stop teaching, not even through my AVM.
I speak English and Spanish just in case some of you have not been able to talk to any one due to language barriers.

Hi Luza, and welcome to the forum. Sounds amazing to me, London, Asia, Malaysia and now South America and teaching through it all and an AVM. Where is your AVM? I’m fairly new to all this, had a brain bleed 13 months ago and have been on a journey ever since, had gamma knife 7 months ago. I think you’ll find this site really good with a lot of varied experiences. Again, welcome an take care! John

HI, John, first thanks for replying and nice to meet you…
Yes is been a great adventure… Move to London just with the intention of
improving my English and end up living over there and in Asia for so many
years… I came back home to spend time with my family, now that my own
had grown and don’t need mum so much…
My AVM is a small one, on the left part of the brain, the Dr’s in Asia took
my case to a symposium in France and they told us not to do anything…
Better leave it as it is, I am taking my things easy and continuing life…
I think the site is good, being looking and learning quite a lot about the
whole thing…
You take care and look after yourself too… LUZA

Hi Luza,

Welcome to the site. I’m quite new to all this also. I found this site not long after I had been diagnosed with PAVMs (Nov 16) Its great to be able to discuss and ask questions of people who have experienced similar issues, and who might be able to offer a different point of view. Keep looking and learning, that’s what I did. Anyway, have a good day, take care… Mandy

Hi Mandy.
Thanks for you message
Yes I am on that quest to learn more about my condition. When I found out I
had it I was really scare and frightened, with the time I learn to accept
it and live one day at the time. Life carries on and this AVM is not going
to stop me.
You please take care
Luza