Are you a parent looking after a child with avm?

Hi Guys, This is a very important study currently being carried out so if anybody would like to take part please contact Sejal x

ARE YOU A PARENT LOOKING AFTER A CHILD WITH AVM?

I am a researcher at London’s City University studying for a Masters in Health Psychology and am interested in understanding:

• Day to day experiences of parents caring for children with AVM, including the challenge:

• of being a ‘parent’, ‘caregiver, and ‘expert’ on your child’s condition
• of looking after your own emotional and physical well-being

Findings will be shared with stakeholders in family support groups and medical organisations. It will contribute to a growing body of research shining a light onto the practical and emotional supports needed by families like yours.

If you are a parent who has been caring for a child (up to the age of 18) with AVM for at least six months and would be willing to share your experiences please contact me. All findings will be anonymised

Sejal Shah Research Supervisor
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ Paula Corcoran
+ 447971561657 ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Reference: PSYETH (T/L) 15/16 194

Has anyone else verified this?

It seems legitimate. I have spoken to MS Shah. Nice person.

Yes my son is having right perieto occipital AVM in right side of the head. It is 6 cm large, my son os 32 years old but he is not having any painful symptoms. In india there are not expert doctors for its treatment. Can u guide mr where i can take treatment.