Anyone on here still from ireland?

Hi my name is Louise and im from Dublin, Ireland. I was recently dx’d with an AVM accidently although ive been suffering from migraines double vision 6th nerve cranial palsy tinnitus since feb of this yr. Neurologists saying its been there since birth and prob not causing any of my issues whilst at the same time having no answers to what is causing them??? Im being referred to a Neurosurgeon in BH so at the moment have no details about by AVM just that i have one. Just wanted to say Hi and was wondering if anyone from Ireland still on here??

Hi and welcome, this is a great site with a wide variety of people and experiences. Sounds like you’ll be on the info trail for the next little bit for sure. I’m not from Ireland, but hopefully some folks will chime in! Take care, John.

Hi JD12,
Thanks for replying. Yes im only at the start of my AVM journey so i reckon i will be on this site alot from here on in.
Louise

Hi Louise, I’m from Galway. I was diagnosed with an AVM 10 years. I had treatment done in Beaumont hospital. I was under the care of Mr Young. If there is anything you need to know about what I went through don’t hesitate to ask. All the best.
Carmel

Hi Louise

Not from Ireland but just across the water in Ayrshire so not that far away :+1:just wanted to say hello :grin:

Hi Louise,

I’m from Ireland. I had my AVM 27 years ago. Was treated in Beaumont. Feel free to contact me if I can be of help.
Chris

1 Like

Hello, all my grandparentswere from Galway’s, Mayo and Roscommon areas.

Just had DNA testing from ancestry.com. it seems that I share most DNA with the Tevnan family from Galway’s.

This is fascinating because so many of them have died from AAA, or brain aneurysms. I ave congenital vein malformation. I,d write note but it is impossible to see what I am writing!! It is covered by keypad and screen does not move!! So we all share a DNA strand, with 1% Finland!!

Hi Louise, I’m from Ireland, husband has just been diagnosed with a
AVM

Hi Chris are you still available to contact, my husband was diagnosed with a AVM also being treated in Beaumont

Carmel could I chat to you? Im from Louth

Hi Denise I hope your husband is doing good. Feel free to get in touch with me. Cheers Carmel

Hi Denise, I just seen your comment there, my name is Emma I was diagnosed with an AVM age 19 last year when it ruptured and i was brought to Naas hospital where I was placed on life support and transferred to Beaumont Hospital where I stayed for over a month I had surgery to remove mine so I would be more than happy to answer any questions you might have - I suffer with short term memory loss and fatigue due to the haemorrhage but working hard to get my life back on track and hoping to return to my final year in college next month

1 Like

hi Emma thank you so much for making contact with me we have an appointment on Wednesday with Dr Javadpou, following that an MRI scan for treatment with SRS treatment.

What a terrible traumatic time that must have been for you, congratulations on going back to do your finals.

That’s crazy Javadpour was my surgeon too hes a brilliant surgeon and such a lovely man he will really look after you! They were originally going to do radiation for my AVM but an aneurysm formed and Javadpour said that he was confident he would be able to remove mine through surgery, I was only in Beaumont today for another eye test as mine was really close to the optic nerve so rest easy knowing they will give you the utmost care

1 Like

Good luck with your appointment and if you have any questions about anything I’d be more than happy to try help

1 Like

Oh Emma it’s so lovely to speak with you. I’ve heard wonderful reports about Dr Javadpour, you’ve just eased my mind so much. How did your appointment go today ?

1 Like

Glad to help! It went good the imperfection they found last time had reduced considerably and shouldn’t effect me at all in life (i don’t even notice i have it apparently the imperfection is as small as a hair strand) I don’t have to go again for another year they were happy with everything thank you for asking - best of luck with everything!

1 Like

Hi Denise and Emma,

My 8 year old daughter had a ruptured avm last summer while we were on holidays in Kerry. She was transferred to Temple Street and then on to Beaumont. She underwent a 10 hour surgery under Mr Javadpour and came through perfectly, she returned to school a week later! He is an amazing surgeon, his specialty is avm. I hope everything goes well for you Denise. Feel free to contact me anytime, we live only a few miles from Beaumont.

Take care,

Sinéad

1 Like