6 weeks still in coma

@SarahA I will think positive thoughts for you and your family. I know how stressful it is to be a sister of someone sick my younger sister was there for me when I was in a coma like you and my advocate during my recovery. Then 2 years later she almost died from necrotizing fasciitis- the flesh eating virus. So I know the stress and worrying and praying. I am so glad she is awake and you are helping her! I will keep you both in my prayers. not sure if they have this at the hospital but I recall they brought in a therapy dog for me and even though I could not really move it made my day. Please keep us updated on her progress.
Love and Hugs
Angela

1 Like

Hi SarahA,

My wife is in similar situation as your sister, it’s been 29 days she had her AVM ruptured and had her surgery. She opened her eyes 3 weeks back but still not recognizing. Her vital signs are stable, breathing on her own except Blood pressure/fever varying.

How long it took your sister to see, and howz your sister doing now

Thanks

Hi @ash007

Im so sorry to hear about your wife. My sister has been in hospital for 5 months now. She is “awake” now and communicating well with hand gestures. She started rehab about a month ago, working on her balance, legs and arms. She is still not able to walk or talk but every week she makes a small progress. My sister cant really control her eyes easily but says that she can see perfectly. Maybe your wife can see and just cant communicate it but i cant really say. Is she moving or communicating in any way? At the 1 month mark my sister wasnt doing anything. We only saw very weak flickers of movement that seemed like responses at the time. The doctors weren’t convinced for a long time until she started responding more consistently, about 3.5 months later. She has come a long way. Be pacient. Progress will happen. I recently asked my sister if she could hear us and see us early on and she said yes! Her memory is 100% in tact. Dont let your wife hear the doctors say anything negative around her. Keep encouraging her and reasurring her every day that what is happeneing is part of the process and to stay calm. My sister has not been left alone for 1 day in 5 months. Either my mum, other sister or i stay overnight at the hospital with her. We had to fight to keep her in hospital and for the rehab to beging and when it did she has started to really improve.

I hope this helps. I really feel for you and you wife.

Sarah.

1 Like

Sarah,

I’m so pleased she is making a good, though desperately slow, recovery. I completely agree with your sentiment above.

Thank you for replying to Ash. It’s what we, as a community, can do for each other, even in the most difficult times. I also think you’ve done an amazing job to be with your sister over the last 5 months. Fantastic!

Keep up the great work and double :heart: :heart: to you.

Love,

Richard

1 Like

Thank Youuuuuu, u r keeping my spirits up. Wishing you and your sister good luck.

Currently wife is in rehab and she is stable and calm, physio therapy team will come and evaluate her.

Thanks
Ashok