I have this already posted as a blog but Ben suggested I post it here also . There is an AVM Awareness Walk in May in San Fransico, CA. This is thier 4th annual event . Please check out thier site as they just recently improved thier site just a few months ago . It would be awesome if members of this site joined together and met for this walk to raise money for the AVM foundation! HOW EXCITING ! Nothing is definate yet but I am gonna try my hardest to get my family out there !

Check it out !

www.aneurysmfoundation.org/ev_walk.html

Tags: AVM, awareness, walk

Views: 54

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm in! And I'm looking at potentially getting a discount room rate at one of the nearby hotels if there are enough people who are going to come in for the event.

I will also volunteer to make us all matching T-shirts so that we can represent AVMSurvivors.org! I'm thinking Navy blue shirts with the AVMSurvivors.org adrs & green butterfly on the front, and then something on the back stating your reason to walk. Like-

I'm a fighter
I'm a survivor
I suppport Joe Schmoe

Or whatever, totally open to suggestions.

I really hope that there is a large group who will be able to attend. It would be awesome for some of us to come together!
I can personalize our logo to say:

A V M
Survivors
I support <Joe Schmoe>, or whatever

for anyone who wants to make their own T-shirt on Cafe Press.
Shalon/Lianne ! I AM SOOOO EXCITED !!! The T SHIRTS are PERFECT ! Shalon, will you be staying at the hotel too or driving ? I am still working on it ...but it's lookin' pretty good for us ! Just have to juggle some other things going on this summer to be able to do this ..... TALK SOON! LOVE YA !
I'll stay in the city too. I'm sure the walk starts early and I want to already be there! Plus I imagine we HAVE to have a get together the day before, right?

Let me work on the hotel thing a little in the next few days. I have a few hook ups that I may be able to get some group thing going. Now that I'm back home I can look into it. So I'll get back to everyone on this.

I'm also recruiting people to walk with us. I really hope that we can get a good group going. Ben has already volunteered his friend Scott. I'll make sure he gets the shirt saying "I support Ben the Great!"

ha ha ha! I don't think Scott really knew what he was getting into when he signed up for this group! Oh well, too late now!
Very funny. Scott will love it.

Shalon said:
I'll stay in the city too. I'm sure the walk starts early and I want to already be there! Plus I imagine we HAVE to have a get together the day before, right?

Let me work on the hotel thing a little in the next few days. I have a few hook ups that I may be able to get some group thing going. Now that I'm back home I can look into it. So I'll get back to everyone on this.

I'm also recruiting people to walk with us. I really hope that we can get a good group going. Ben has already volunteered his friend Scott. I'll make sure he gets the shirt saying "I support Ben the Great!"

ha ha ha! I don't think Scott really knew what he was getting into when he signed up for this group! Oh well, too late now!
Thanks for putting this up! I had no idea this occurred. Another good reason to visit San Fran.
Do you know the exact date?
Yes, May 3rd .. :0)

Brian said:
Do you know the exact date?
what a great wonderful idea. Matt's in, but finances are difficult for us, especially as we are in the uk. will do some research and confirm. how exciting !!! : ) xx
just an update. matt will be there !! we are going to organise a sponsored walk to raise the money for him to come out. he really wants to meet everyone and give help, support etc etc. watch this space.
Hi Christine ! I AM SOO EXCITED !

Christine Ransley said:
just an update. matt will be there !! we are going to organise a sponsored walk to raise the money for him to come out. he really wants to meet everyone and give help, support etc etc. watch this space.
My husband had his AVM removed by a crainitomy almost 2 years ago (on Feb 2) at UCSF. I am a native of San Franciso and also give private tours of the City. If anyone on the this board has never spent much time in SF and would like to spend a day touring around, let me know. My car only fits 3 people, but maybe we can get a van and fit more. This is not meant to be a solicitation, rather a free offer if you have the time while you are here. Alternatively, if you are NOT interested in a tour, but just need information about things to do, let me know. I love to talk about it. I did not know about this site 2 years ago and wish I had, it would have been so helpful to me. I remember how alone I felt. My husband's english is not all that good, otherwise he would be the one writing on this board, not me!

RSS

Help Us Help Others

Help Ben's Friends

Like & Follow Us!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Give Us A Review

Bens Friends

To Support AVMSurvivors.org, Click an Ad. Or Two.

Are You in Crisis?

First take a deep breath, then call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline immediately.  1-800-273-TALK for members in the United States.

For international members, please visit http://www.suicide.org/international-suicide-hotlines.html for information on where to call.

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Blog Posts

Results of 3rd procedure

Posted by Svetlana on September 10, 2014 at 2:49am 3 Comments

It's now 2 weeks after the 3rd trip to Arkansas that was the most successful. Dr Richter did lasers and bleomycin injections (he chose bleomycin again because it showed better result than doxycycline), it worked very well, with no complications,…

Continue

Events

© 2014   Created by BensFriends.org

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service